Advanced Reasonable Accommodations
Description - Did you know that an applicant can claim disability that requires you to discount some or all of their past credit, criminal or rental history based on a prior addiction? There’s a lot to know about reasonable accommodation and what you don’t know can get you into hot water. Join our speaker, Tia Politi, as she covers:
· What to do when an applicant submits a reasonable accommodation, either at the time of application or after denial.
· What is reasonable?
· What criminal history can pose a reasonable concern for danger to neighbors, the landlord or the landlord’s agent?
· Caregivers, how to screen them and the forms to use to set up their right to occupy with the tenant
· Assistance animals
· Mental health issues
· Requests to ignore bad behavior in the unit if the tenant is getting treatment
· Domestic violence and reasonable accommodation
· Lease bifurcation
Course objectives: At the end of this course, attendees should be able to identify the types of accommodations or modifications that a disabled person can request, how to handle each type of request, the documentation that can be required from the tenant to confirm the disability-related need, and how to manage disabled tenants who violate the rules.
Continuing Education Credits: 2
· Members & ORHA Affiliate Members: $20
· Members & ORHA Affiliate Members w/ (2) CE Credits: $50
· Non-Members: $40
· Non-Member with (2) Continuing Education Credits: $70
NOTE: ORHA Affiliate Members must call the number below before registering to attain the member pricing
· Register online and watch on your computer, even your phone. Chat box will allow you to ask questions directly to the instructor during the presentation.
· CE Credit cannot be given, if you do not attend the live presentation or for just watching the webinar recording.
· The webinar class link and materials will be sent out the day of the class.
· Deadline for registrations will be on Wednesday, October 18, 2023 at 12 noon.
For more information contact us at (541) 756-0347 ext. 8212 and ask for Regina or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.