The Small Claims Process
Taking your tenant to Small Claims Court is no small thing. In fact, most landlords consider this process to be the most daunting of all. Never fear; Tia Politi is here to cover the basics of suing or being sued in small claims court, including:
- Filling out forms correctly
- Serving the defendant, Rules of Civil Procedure
- Courtroom protocol
- Presenting your case at trial
- Rules of evidence
- Defendant’s options and response
- Filing for default judgment
- SCRA verification
- Negotiation and stipulated agreements
- Enforcing the agreement
- Renewal of judgment
- Satisfaction of judgment
Continuing Education Credits: 2
· Members & ORHA Affiliate Members: $20
· Members & ORHA Affiliate Members w/ (2) CE Credits: $50
· Non-Members: $40
· Non-Member with (2) Continuing Education Credits: $70
NOTE: ORHA Affiliate Members must call the number below before registering to attain the member pricing
· Register online and watch on your computer, even your phone. Chat box will allow you to ask questions directly to the instructor during the presentation.
· Recording of the webinar will be emailed to registrants and available to view for 5 days.
· To receive CE credits, you must sign-in at the beginning, middle, and end of the live webinar. CE Credit cannot be given, if you do not attend the live presentation or for just watching the webinar recording.
· The webinar class link and materials will be sent out the day before the class.
· Deadline for registrations will be on September 27th at 12 noon.
For more information contact us at (541) 756-0347 or email@example.com.